Welcome to The Wellbeing Garden!
Therapeutic Horticulture is the process of using plants and garden-based activities to improve the health and wellbeing of people of all ages and abilities. It’s a holistic approach to wellness as garden-based activities help to connect with the mind, body and soul.
It’s also known as Horticultural Therapy, Social and Therapeutic Horticulture, Therapeutic Gardening or Garden Therapy. This will depend on the programs that are provided and your location. In Australia we call it Therapeutic Horticulture.
A person who delivers therapeutic gardening activities is known as a Horticultural Therapist or Therapeutic Horticulturist.
Therapeutic Horticulture is definitely an emerging industry around the world. In some countries it’s more well known and many organisations are providing wonderful programs for their participants.
In this episode I’ll share ways to work in this wonderful field.
- What is Therapeutic Horticulture
- Benefits of gardening for health and wellbeing
- Running a business in the field of TH
- Types of programs
- The aims of gardening programs
- How to get started delivering programs as your own business or working for an organisation
- Risk management
- Measuring outcomes
- And a few more tips to guide you along your journey in TH!
Here’s extra links with information for you…
- Therapeutic Horticulture Training - https://soiltosupper.com/therapeutic-gardening-training/
- Seasonal Gardening Program - https://soiltosupper.com/learn/
- Podcast episode 026 - What is Therapeutic Horticulture - https://soiltosupper.com/episode-026-what-is-therapeutic-horticulture/
- Example of the therapeutic gardening program I provide - https://soiltosupper.com/therapeutic-gardening-program/
- Podcast episode 025 – How to run a successful gardening program - https://soiltosupper.com/episode-025-how-to-run-a-successful-gardening-program/
- Article – How to Promote Your Business - https://soiltosupper.com/how-to-promote-your-gardening-business-program-or-community-organisation/
- Article - Simple Ways to Starting a Gardening Program- https://soiltosupper.com/simple-ways-to-starting-a-gardening-program/
- Article – How to Stay Safe in the Garden - https://soiltosupper.com/how-to-stay-safe-in-the-garden/
- Maggie Beer Foundation – https://maggiebeerfoundation.org.au/
- Therapeutic Horticulture Australia - https://tha.org.au/
- The Well Gardened Mind by Sue Stuart-Smith – https://www.suestuartsmith.com/book
- 365 Nature by Anna Carlile - https://violadesign.com.au/365-nature/
Looking for guidance in your garden or to help others?
Here’s three ways I can support you now!
- In my FREE Program I share 5 simple ways to enhance your health and enjoy time in the garden. Boost physical and emotional wellness, learn ways to keep gardening, grow therapeutic plants and delicious healthy food. JOIN HERE
It’s also a great place to connect with other gardeners and share your gardening wins.
- Join the Gardening Community. This is the one location online to help you with success in the garden! From gardening guides, masterclasses, courses, videos, other resources and our member forum, you’ll connect, learn & grow with confidence. Plus access one-on-one support from me.
Find out more here…www.soiltosupper.com/community/
Helping you learn, grow and thrive.
The Wellbeing Garden episodes available HERE
Thank You for joining me in The Wellbeing Garden.
Enjoy a fabulous day,
© cath manuelSeptember2022