Would you like to become a provider of therapeutic gardening activities to participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), residents of aged care or within community services?
Do you have a passion for gardening?
Would you like to support others to enjoy gardening in their home or within an aged care home or community organisation?
Are you serious about making a difference in someone’s life through the enjoyment of gardening and growing healthy food?
If you are empathic, understanding and inclusive, with a willingness to give your full support and guidance to others then a career in Therapeutic Horticulture would suit you!
Join Therapeutic Horticulture specialist, Cath Manuel, for this unique masterclass training and learn how to provide meaningful activities to improve health and wellbeing of participants.
Onsite Training details coming soon!
Please complete the expression of interest form below.
Gardening provides opportunities for improved health and wellbeing for people of all ages and abilities.
Participating in therapeutic gardening activities has many proven benefits, especially for physical, psychological, social, cognitive support and also provides access to fresh food and nature.
The NDIS provides individuals with the opportunity to choose their own path to wellness and to enjoy participation in a full life. Through offering Therapeutic Gardening Programs and support you are able to work with participants to achieve these goals and those of the NDIS Scheme.
As a provider of therapeutic gardening you have the opportunity to work one-on-one with clients within their home or within an aged care setting to offer guidance and support for the completion of activities.
This training is suitable for anyone currently working or wanting to establish their own business to work with clients who have NDIS Plans or within aged care and have an interest in gardening for improved health and wellness.
It is preferable to have formal training in Horticulture prior to completing this training, but not essential.
With this training you’ll;
- Gather information and learn from specialist Cath Manuel as she shares her vast experience and knowledge
- Gain a deeper understanding of therapeutic gardening
- Know how to deliver a Therapeutic Gardening Program to clients of varied abilities
- Understand how to support others to improve their wellbeing
- Get started in a career as a Therapeutic Horticulturist, also known as Horticultural Therapist
- Receive ongoing support as you establish yourself within the field of Therapeutic Horticulture
- Access online resources on gardening for health and wellbeing
- What is Therapeutic Horticulture
- The benefits to health and wellbeing
- How to implement a program for individuals and groups
- Gardening for people who live with mental illness
- How to make adjustments and customise gardening for people with varying abilities.
- Plants used in a therapy garden
- Ways to grow fresh food
- Adaptive gardening activities
- Equipment required
- Your business and NDIS regulations
- Understanding mental health and psychosocial disability
At the completion of this training you will have an understanding and practical knowledge of Therapeutic Gardening and how to provide this to participants of the NDIS or within an aged care organisation.
This will be a journey into a career in the field of Therapeutic Horticulture and I will be with you to guide and support you along the way.
· this is not a horticulture or gardening course, it’s all about understanding and applying therapeutic gardening for your clients.
· ensure you have developed horticulture skills before applying to this training as we will not be covering horticulture or gardening methods.
· this training is not an accredited training. It is continuing professional development for horticulturist to move into the field of therapeutic horticulture.
Training is held Online in July 2021, with weekly live sessions held over 4 weeks and resources accessed through the Online Training Hub.
Onsite Training will be scheduled for later in 2021 and also again in 2022. Dates and new location will be available soon.
Participants receive workbooks, resources and certificate of participation upon completion.
To support the successful establishment of a Therapeutic Gardening Program you’ll also receive access to video tutorials on many therapeutic gardening activities, 2 x One-on-One online mentoring sessions with Cath, ongoing support through private Facebook group, access to one Seasonal Gardening Program and one year access to the Soil to Supper Online Gardening Community.
About Therapeutic Gardening
Therapeutic Gardening is not just gardening. It’s providing support for someone to achieve their goals within a garden setting, complete meaningful gardening activities and grow specific plants to enhance wellness.
It’s about the journey not the destination.
It’s having empathy, compassion and by supporting someone else to have a positive outcome with the use of gardening to achieve outcomes.
Gardening brings joy, boosts confidence and enhances health and well-being for participants.
Find out more about Cath here.
Please complete this form to receive updates on future dates and locations.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions,