Most aged care homes have space available to create gardens to grow fresh food.
These spaces require some resourceful planning and willing participants to establish garden areas for residents, staff and visitors to access and enjoy.
By having access to seasonally grown food, meals can be improved nutritionally and also taste delicious.
In this episode I’ll share a few ways to grow healthy food for residents in aged care to enjoy.
- Grow food in any home - https://soiltosupper.com/grow-food-in-any-home/
- Gardening for Dementia wellbeing - https://soiltosupper.com/gardening-for-dementia-wellbeing/
- Find a few extra ideas here - https://soiltosupper.com/5-steps-to-prepare-your-garden-for-fun-activities/
- Find tips for a gardening program here - https://soiltosupper.com/simple-ways-to-starting-a-gardening-program/
- Growing Food in Small Spaces – https://soiltosupper.com/episode-009-growing-food-in-small-spaces/
- Learn to deliver therapeutic horticulture programs through our training - https://soiltosupper.com/therapeutic-gardening-training/
Join my free ‘Grow Your Health’ Course full of inspirations for enhancing health and wellness through gardening and nature.
Ask questions anytime and share photos of what you’re growing in our Soil to Supper Facebook Club
Join me on socials…Instagram and Facebook @soiltosupper and LinkedIn @Cath Manuel
Thanks to the team at Honeybee Creative for producing episodes for The Wellbeing Garden. Find out about their amazing programs at https://www.honeybeecreativeqld.com/
“Let’s make gardening accessible for everyone!”
Thanks for joining me in The Wellbeing Garden. I hope this episode inspires you to embark on a journey of growing fresh, healthy food with residents in aged care homes.