Most of us struggle with the soil in our gardens. We find it too wet, too dry, unhealthy, lacking life AND our plants aren’t growing!
In this episode I’ll share simple tips for understanding soil types, how to improve it and what to add to build a healthy layer of soil to grow a healthy garden in any location.
The good news is ALL soil types can be improved, even the unhealthiest of dirt!
Let’s start from the ground up…
- Soil is actually a living system. Nurture it like you would any other living things
- Get to know your soil type. Do you have sand, clay or a healthy loam?
- How to improve your soil through composting – follow my super easy method here – Do you know how to compost?
- What to add to build healthy soil? Follow these steps – 5 Easy Ways to Feed Your Garden and Grow More Food
- Become an organic gardener and follow natural gardening methods. Read more here – Easy Ideas for Organic Gardening
- Grow more plants! Don’t leave earth uncovered as you’ll lose top soil which is important for growing. Try growing Comfrey in your garden…it has many amazing uses! Here’s a video on growing Comfrey and using Comfrey
- Green manure cover crops are great for resting time in your garden - Why Green Manure Crops Are Good For Your Soil…
Wherever you are located and whatever style of garden you have, follow simple methods to create healthy dirt to grow a healthy garden.
If you’re struggling with growing plants, pests in the garden or under-productive crops then consider building up your soil and you’ll notice a huge change in the health of your garden!! A Thriving Garden
If you’d like more information on growing a thriving garden then gather a copy of my free eBook and learn simple steps to creating your own sustainable garden. CLICK HERE!
The Wellbeing Garden episodes available HERE.
Subscribe on iTunes.
Thanks for joining me in The Wellbeing Garden…now go get your hands in the dirt! 😉
© cath manuel 19 january 2017