Each month in the Soil to Supper Community I provide a Monthly Masterclass based on one of our weekly growing topics.
A few months ago I covered this topic and thought it would be a great podcast episode, as many gardeners find pests in the garden!
In this episode I’ll discuss…
- Identifying garden pests
- What causes pest problems
- Integrated pest management
- Building a resilient garden
Extra tips for pest free gardens include;
- Hand remove bugs if possible or blast small bugs away with the hose
- Use traps for fruit fly, slugs or snails
- Bag fruit after pollination and fruit set
- Examine pest problems to identify if it’s minimal damage or long term problems that need to be reduced
- Improve the health or soil, plants and your garden
- Create a healthy eco-system for nature to take care of everything for you!
Here’s some extra information that I refer to through the episode…
- Episode 05 – Let’s talk dirt! Have a listen to this episode for ideas on healthy soil - soiltosupper.com/episode-005-lets-talk-dirt-podcast/
- Home-made remedies for pests - soiltosupper.com/a-thriving-garden/
- Fertiliser - feed your soil and grow more food. Read more here… soiltosupper.com/5-easy-ways-to-feed-your-garden-and-grow-more-food/
Also download my FREE eBook ‘Get Your Garden Growing’
And join the ‘Soil to Supper Facebook Club’…I’d love to connect with you in our Club!
Would you like to feel more confident with growing your garden and fresh food??
Join our Soil to Supper Membership Community, where you’ll access growing guides, masterclasses, a ‘Field Guide’ and loads of resources to enjoy success!
The Wellbeing Garden episodes available HERE
Subscribe to future episodes on iTunes
I hope this episode gives you a good start to enjoying a pest-free, thriving garden.
ThankYou for joining me in The Wellbeing Garden, see you again next time,