We offer a range of fantastic programs at Soil to Supper, including our hands-on Workshops to share ideas, information and the skills to help you learn, grow and thrive.
We are super excited to be hosting our next Workshop (which is the last one for the year 🙁 ) and will include lots of information for participants to create a therapy garden and encourage fun, hands-on gardening activities within their workplace or volunteering services. soiltosupper.com/event/2-day-professional-development-in-horticultural-therapy
At Soil to Supper we believe that everyone of all ages and abilities needs a connection with nature and to experience a sense of joy and the health benefits gained from gardening activities.
By sharing our many years of experience and knowledge in organic gardening, I feel that we can provide carers and staff with a high quality and unique training program, and then follow up with our support services, to assist everyone to deliver gardening programs that benefit the people who need it most.
Gardening is a wonderful way to provide opportunities for improved health and well-being for people living in aged care, for people with dementia, with a disability, mental health needs or recovering from an injury or illness and also to assist with programs held within community centres.
- What is Horticultural Therapy and what are the benefits
- Types of programs offered for various settings
- Plants used in a therapy garden and how to grow them
- Gardening activities for lots of fun!!
- How to implement a program successfully
- Risk Management to ensure the safety of everyone
- Program and client assessments
Participating in Horticultural Therapy Programs has many proven benefits, especially for physical, psychological, social, cognitive and also provides access to nature.
This training is suitable for anyone working or volunteering within the aged care and support services industries or who would like to learn more about the therapeutic benefits from gardening and how to apply this in specialised settings.
We provide the simple ‘how-to’ steps and also ‘Why’ this helps people of all ages and abilities, to ensure successful gardening is available to everyone within the community.
Here’s some lovely feedback from previous training programs…
- “Hi Cath, Thank you for such a wonderful training program. Your enthusiasm was really contagious and I’ve had great feedback from the crew.”
- “The team are going really well, you worked your magic at the training sessions!”
- “Thank you so much! Great info, beautifully presented. Had a great time, such a lovely group”
- “Thank you so much for inspiring me and helping me learn. It is not only the healthier vegies but my inner soul is much healthier through my gardening experience.”
Details of the Workshop are –
When - Friday 18th and Saturday 19 th November, 2016.
Where - Noosa Community Support, Wallace Park, Noosaville.
Cost per person - $437.00. Includes Workbook, hands-on activities, morning tea and lunch.
All participants receive a Certificate of Attendance and FREE access to Soil to Supper eCourse ‘4 Weeks to Fresh Food’
Bookings are essential.
Book your place here – bit.ly/SCPDinHT2016
For more information on services and programs visit soiltosupper.com/horticultural-therapy/
We look forward to seeing you there and together we’ll learn, grow and thrive!