I’m always inspired by the work of many people in the gardening and wellbeing industries, and Steven Wells is one person who inspired me towards garden therapy.
In this episode I’m joined by the wonderful Steven Wells, whose work has helped improved the health and wellbeing of many people through his rehabilitation gardening programs.
Steven is a qualified nurse and horticulturist, based in Melbourne, Australia.
His work includes positions at Austin Hospital and Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre. Steven also established a horticultural therapy program at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre.
I enjoy discussing with Steven –
- His journey from nursing to horticulture and landscaping
- How he commenced garden therapy programs within his workplace
- His fabulous award for ‘Gardener of the Year 2012’ from Gardening Australia Magazine
- Travelling to other countries as part of the Churchill Fellowship Award
- His suggestions for commencing gardening programs in hospital and rehabilitation facilities
I have been fortunate to meet with Steven at conferences and events over the last few years and am continually inspired by the fabulous work he does and also the stunning gardens he creates.
Find Steven here…
- On Instagram - @stevenwellsthegardener
- Find Steven’s Churchill Fellowship Report HERE
- Contact via email - Steven.Wells@austin.org.au
I hope you enjoy this wonderful episode as much as I did!
The Wellbeing Garden episodes available HERE
Subscribe on iTunes
Thanks for joining me in The Wellbeing Garden, I hope you’ll join me again next time.